New Leaf University
Green Energy: Let's Get Educated
Whether you are interested in using more environmental friendly products and services or you're still not sure what that means or what makes green energy such a big deal to some people, you've landed in the right spot. At the New Leaf University, we will explain some common terms and ideas about green and renewable energy so that you can make an informed choice about your retail energy provider and how you use electricity in your home or business.
It seems that more and more people and businesses are “going green” - and we at New Leaf Energy think that's a great thing. From electric vehicles and organic foods to recycled products and recycling bins, the environmental friendly options are abundantly out there, including a cleaner form of electricity. As a provider of environmentally friendly electricity plans that use 100% renewable energy, we believe that education is power, and this is certainly true when it comes to your power to choose in Texas.
Green Energy 101
We share insights and information regarding the renewable energy industry - from generation, transmission, and distribution to the growing role of green energy in the larger energy marketplace.
- Understanding Green Energy Sources
- Learn About Texas Green Energy Plans
- Why is the Texas Wind Industry Receiving so Much Attention?
- 3 Ways to Encourage Your Friends and Family to Use Green Energy
- What Makes an Energy Resource Green or Renewable?
- Where can I Learn about Wind Energy Companies in Texas?
- How Can I Compare Green Electricity Providers in Texas?
- What Makes New Leaf Energy the Best Green Energy Company for My Texas Home?
Energy Efficiency Tips
Energy Efficiency is more than just using less electricity. It's about using electricity more effectively and knowing how to reduce your energy usage.
- 25 Energy Efficiency Tips
- Energy Efficiency Tips for Your Kitchen
- Energy Efficiency Tips for Your Workplace
- 5 Tips for an Energy Efficient Living Room
- 5 Energy Efficiency Tips for Your Garage
- 5 Tips for an Energy Efficient Bathroom
- 5 Energy Efficient Tips for your Workplace Conference Rooms
- 5 Energy Efficient Tips for Your Bedroom
- 5 Energy Efficiency Tips for Internal Communication at Your Business
- 5 Tips to Make the External Communication for Your Small Business More Energy Efficient
- 5 Home Improvement Techniques to Create a Green Home
Green Moving Tips
Packing up your old house and moving into a new one can be pretty wasteful. Let us show you how to make your move as green as possible.
INFOGRAPHIC: Wind Energy vs Coal Power
Renewable wind energy is more accessible, more affordable and used by more home and business than ever before. Did you know that one wind turbine can power 442 homes for a year? Experience this visual representation of the comparison between wind energy and the traditional coal power. Check it out.
Green News Hub
At our Green News Hub, you can learn what's going on in the world of green and renewable energy, from solar and wind to biomass, geothermal, and more!
Green Living Tips
Using green energy in your home is just a start. Let us help you learn about the basics of green living so that you can share them with your friends.
- Green Living Tips
- 4 Easy Ways to Encourage Recycling at Home
- How to Reduce Electricity Usage In Your Home
- Four Ways to Encourage Recycling at Work
- Help Your Children to Think Green in 4 Easy Steps
- 5 Ways to Lower Your Carbon Footprint in Everyday Life
- 4 Ways to Learn about Green Living and Using Renewable Energy in Your Home
Green Energy Articles
Think of this area as your "electives" - if it doesn't quite fit in one of the core courses, you can still read about it here.